Definition of teacup in English:
1A cup from which tea is drunk.
- The earliest EIC printed catalogue, from 1704, shows chocolate cups and teacups, both with saucers.
- His mother came in a moment later with a tray with two teacups full of coffee, some sugar and a small container of cream.
- Evangeline shrugged and gestured to the tray of teacups on the coffee table.
- Example sentences
- Drink one teacupful of plantain tea four to five times daily until relief is obtained.
- Beat the eggs light and add with the flour and a quarter of a teacupful of sweet milk.
- Cover with paste, and when the pie is baked, pour into it a large teacupful of cream.
Pronunciation: /ˈtēˌkəpˌfo͝ol/noun (plural teacupfuls)
Definition of teacup in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan