noun (plural same or teals)
- 1A small freshwater duck, typically with a greenish band on the wing that is most prominent in flight.
More example sentences
- Genus Anas, family Anatidae: several species, in particular the common Eurasian and Canadian (green-winged) teal (A. crecca)
- And while the local migratory birds are flying out, the foreign ones like mallards, pintails, teals, shovelers, pochards, waders and curlews are coming in.
- Ducks, coots, teals, terns, gulls, cormorants, waders, egrets, plovers and herons are some of the birds that assemble here.
- The farm is also home to blue-winged teals, coots, grebes, and an occasional osprey or peregrine falcon.
- 1.1 (also teal blue) A dark greenish-blue color.More example sentences
- The colors - simmered shades of red, yellow and blue - are more urban decay than Mondrian, turning up as rusty orange, bilious yellow, bruised blue, teal blue and off-red, with smears of black and white.
- Coloured stones in shades like teal blue, burgundy, greens, chocolate browns, beads, wooden bracelets and huge jewelry in like colours are what her customers are asking for.
- I would say the best dress this month has got to be Naomi Watts wearing that Roly Mare dress with the square neckline, form-fitting, and a beautiful sort of teal blue.
Middle English: of unknown origin; related to Dutch teling.
More definitions of tealDefinition of teal in:
- The British & World English dictionary