- A passage through which tears pass from the lachrymal glands to the eye or from the eye to the nose.More example sentences
- A thin, blunt metal wire is gently passed through the tear duct to open any obstruction.
- Some children have nasal polyps, which are cysts or growths of extra tissue in the nose at the end of the tear duct.
- Viruses and bacteria may be rubbed into the eye or may travel from an infection in the nose up through a tear duct and into the eye.
More definitions of tear ductDefinition of tear duct in:
- The British & World English dictionary