1The practice or skill of delineating objects in a precise way using certain techniques of draftsmanship, as employed in architecture or engineering.
- When I started teaching, it was about woodwork, metalwork, engineering and technical drawing.
- Excellent marks were also achieved by students of construction studies, engineering and technical drawing and grades were generally found to be up this year in English, Irish, maths and the sciences.
- They were run by the school boards and very much part of the primary school system, but offered an excellent training in mathematics, science, technical drawing, and commercial techniques for the labour aristocracy.
1.1A technical drawing.
- Although some creative features are included, the focus here is on creating technical drawings and illustrations.
- A key success of the book for communicating to nonspecialists is in the figures, which are presented in a manner somewhere between a cartoon and a technical drawing.
- Like many other firms, the company is making increasing use of 3 - D modelling software, allowing for accurate, high resolution presentations and technical drawings.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: tech·ni·cal draw·ing
Definition of technical drawing in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.