1A person employed to look after technical equipment or do practical work in a laboratory.
- The team would also include two laboratory technicians well acquainted with gene technology and biochemical techniques.
- The same technician using the same equipment performed the echocardiography.
- The program he took is dual-purpose: to train construction equipment operators and technicians.
1.1An expert in the practical application of a science.
- They have become huge international collaborations involving hundreds of scientists, technicians, and computer experts.
- The scientists, the technicians, the experts - they must know the answers to our questions.
- From there, he introduced other drivers and now the team runs smoothly with engine experts and software technicians aiding them from Italy.
1.2A person skilled in the technique of an art or craft.
- Many see strategies and tactics slowly replacing the pure skilled technicians of yesterday.
- Danny is a fine character actor, a master technician of his craft, one of our best.
- We saw two highly skilled chess technicians at work.
Words that rhyme with technicianacademician, addition, aesthetician (US esthetician), ambition, audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, magician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, musician, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, suspicion, tactician, theoretician, Titian, tuition, volition
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of technician in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.