1A process of color cinematography using synchronized monochrome films, each of a different color, to produce a movie in color.
- It's also quite an education in the three-strip Technicolor filming process.
- The colours approximate the old warm-hued Technicolor film stocks, and the sets and costumes take ample advantage of this.
- To add further excitement, the studio intended to shoot the film in Technicolor, a very new process in 1938.
1.1 (technicolor) informal Vivid color: [as modifier]: a technicolor bruise
More example sentences
- The various dishes ran together on the plates to create a series of vivid technicolour horrors.
- For a history lesson, he would take us up to the top of a hill and describe a battle that had been fought in the locality in vivid technicolor.
- The lurid technicolour of bruises, angry wounds, and welts marred his skin.
- Example sentences
- The Red Sea resorts, now making a play for winter sun business, has crystal clear waters and coral reef full of technicoloured fish.
- On the museum's main floor, you can visit the technicolored rooms where Factor worked his makeup magic, one each for ‘brownettes,’ brunettes, blonds, and redheads.
- And visually, Amélie was a technicolored dream.
Definition of Technicolor in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.