- 1Forming a covering.More example sentences
- A model that includes a tectorial plate may produce more stable results.
- 1.1Denoting the membrane covering the organ of Corti in the inner ear.More example sentences
- The micromechanics of the organ of Corti and the tectorial membrane is then analyzed by our new method.
- A fibrous layer, called tectorial membrane, overlies the organ of Corti, contacting the tips of the tallest stereocilia of the OHCs.
- In the mammalian cochlea, it has been suggested based on the anatomy of the overlying tectorial membrane that outer hair cells sense RL displacement and inner hair cells are velocity sensors.
late 19th century: from Latin tectorium 'covering, a cover' (from tegere 'to cover') + -al.
More definitions of tectorialDefinition of tectorial in:
- The British & World English dictionary