- A badgerlike animal that has brownish-black fur with a white stripe along the top of the head and back, and anal glands that contain a foul-smelling liquid that can be squirted at an attacker. It is native to Sumatra, Java, and Borneo.
More example sentences
- Mydaus javanensis, family Mustelidae
- In Java and Sumatra the Teledu holds the place of the skunks in America, and may be regarded as representing them.
- The Teledu or Malayan stink badger or mydaus javanensis, of Borneo, Sumatra, and Java has a wide stripe or a row of patches running down the back of his small body.
early 19th century: from Javanese.
More definitions of teleduDefinition of teledu in:
- The British & World English dictionary