noun[treated as singular]
The branch of information technology that deals with the long-distance transmission of computerized information.
More example sentences
- The situation for vehicle telematics differs greatly from the mobile phone market.
- This is much less expensive and allows virtually anyone with a cell phone access to telematics.
- We have used a common definition of vehicle telematics as the combination of location with two-way communication in vehicles.
- More example sentences
- I have spent considerable time this year researching the interest of U.S. fleet operators in telematic services and prospects for the fleet-vehicle tracking market.
- The telematic server uses algorithms to determine if non-verified data deviates significantly from the verified data, notifying the user by an alarm of any deviations or non-compliance activity reported.
- Willingness to pay for a package of telematic services increases with annual household income and with the price category of vehicles owned or leased by respondents.
More definitions of telematicsDefinition of telematics in:
- The British & World English dictionary