Definition of telematics in English:
plural noun[treated as singular]
The branch of information technology that deals with the long-distance transmission of computerized information.
- The situation for vehicle telematics differs greatly from the mobile phone market.
- This is much less expensive and allows virtually anyone with a cell phone access to telematics.
- We have used a common definition of vehicle telematics as the combination of location with two-way communication in vehicles.
- Example sentences
- I have spent considerable time this year researching the interest of U.S. fleet operators in telematic services and prospects for the fleet-vehicle tracking market.
- The telematic server uses algorithms to determine if non-verified data deviates significantly from the verified data, notifying the user by an alarm of any deviations or non-compliance activity reported.
- Willingness to pay for a package of telematic services increases with annual household income and with the price category of vehicles owned or leased by respondents.
Definition of telematics in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan