- A set of equipment that connects telephone lines during a call.More example sentences
- You might have to use the latter if you live in a rural area and are connected to an analog telephone exchange.
- To be able to access ADSL, you must usually live within between 2.5 and 4 kilometres of a telephone exchange and your phone line must be tested for broadband compatibility.
- I don't believe their reasoning is very relevant, particularly for those able to still connect to copper broadband at their local telephone exchange.
More definitions of telephone exchangeDefinition of telephone exchange in:
- The British & World English dictionary