- A situation in which two people trying to communicate by telephone continually miss each other.More example sentences
- If the person you are trying to reach is unavailable, leave a complete message including when you will be reachable so that you don't play telephone tag with one another.
- But, like any good game of telephone tag, the truth and the rumors gelled together to make a big old stew of speculation.
- First, a game of telephone tag: he promises to call back but forgets and ends up text-messaging me in the middle of the night to confirm.
More definitions of telephone tagDefinition of telephone tag in:
- The British & World English dictionary