Definition of teletype in English:
1A kind of teleprinter.
- I remember the sound of wires humming and teletypes hammering away with wire services.
- These older editors were designed for use on a teletype and could display only one line of text at a time.
- In a fit of anger and frustration she threw away all her teletype machines one day and refused to use the relay services any more.
verb[with object] Back to top
Send (a message) by means of a teleprinter.
- The US intelligence officer knew this and he immediately teletyped the message to Washington.
- I do remember teletyping you a message a few days before the last mission and finding out that you were still okay.
- In constructing a simulation of paranoid thought processes, we designed an algorithm capable of handling the linguistic expressions used by interviewers in teletyped diagnostic psychiatric interviews.
Definition of teletype in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.