Definition of telework in English:
another term for telecommute.
- As a result, only a minority will be able to go teleworking in anything like a modern, dedicated ‘home office’.
- Ray has been teleworking for some time and ‘couldn't imagine’ going back to work full time in the office.
- As he spoke, hopes that the internet would revolutionise the face of business, lead to a gender-neutral, teleworking society, had already turned to dust.
nounBack to top
The practice of working from home, making use of the Internet, email, and the telephone.
- Much research has been conducted on the concept of telework.
- Yet while the company promises to bring broadband to every home in Britain, the country's crisis in the supply of homes can only restrict the spread of telework.
- It recognises that teleworkers are afforded the general protection granted to workers based on the employer's premises and highlights 7 key areas where the specificities of telework need to be taken into account.
- Example sentences
- The guidance, which is voluntary and non-binding, covers issues for teleworkers including health and safety, working hours, claiming expenses, training, privacy and the dangers of isolation from colleagues.
- To square this never-ending circle, teleworkers are having to dig deeper into themselves, employ ever-greater amounts of emotional muscle power, to sustain the required level of perkiness.
- And, if you believe the prediction that a third or more of Britain's commuters will become teleworkers, urban congestion and car pollution are other obvious problems it helps solve.
- Example sentences
- The Danish government is also encouraging and funding teleworking for government employees to underline the trend.
- There are five different categories: e-business start-ups, e-trading, e-business, best use of broadband communications and best use of teleworking.
- The young women are trained in basic information-technology skills such as data entry, desktop publishing, accounting, office software and teleworking.
Definition of telework in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.