Definition of telework in English:
another term for telecommute.
- As a result, only a minority will be able to go teleworking in anything like a modern, dedicated ‘home office’.
- Ray has been teleworking for some time and ‘couldn't imagine’ going back to work full time in the office.
- As he spoke, hopes that the internet would revolutionise the face of business, lead to a gender-neutral, teleworking society, had already turned to dust.
nounBack to top
The practice of working from home, making use of the Internet, email, and the telephone.
- Much research has been conducted on the concept of telework.
- Yet while the company promises to bring broadband to every home in Britain, the country's crisis in the supply of homes can only restrict the spread of telework.
- It recognises that teleworkers are afforded the general protection granted to workers based on the employer's premises and highlights 7 key areas where the specificities of telework need to be taken into account.
- Example sentences
- The guidance, which is voluntary and non-binding, covers issues for teleworkers including health and safety, working hours, claiming expenses, training, privacy and the dangers of isolation from colleagues.
- To square this never-ending circle, teleworkers are having to dig deeper into themselves, employ ever-greater amounts of emotional muscle power, to sustain the required level of perkiness.
- And, if you believe the prediction that a third or more of Britain's commuters will become teleworkers, urban congestion and car pollution are other obvious problems it helps solve.
- Example sentences
- The Danish government is also encouraging and funding teleworking for government employees to underline the trend.
- There are five different categories: e-business start-ups, e-trading, e-business, best use of broadband communications and best use of teleworking.
- The young women are trained in basic information-technology skills such as data entry, desktop publishing, accounting, office software and teleworking.
Words that rhyme with teleworkbasketwork • donkeywork
Definition of telework in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan