- The final phase of cell division, between anaphase and interphase, in which the chromatids or chromosomes move to opposite ends of the cell and two nuclei are formed.More example sentences
- The events in this stage of the cell cycle leading to cell division are prophase, metaphase, anaphase and telophase.
- During late anaphase and telophase, the metaphase furrows rapidly regress.
- Second, the resolution of the mitoses was abnormal and led to the presence of chromosome bridges during anaphase or telophase and some nuclei became desynchronized.
late 19th century: from Greek telos 'end' + phase.
More definitions of telophaseDefinition of telophase in:
- The British & World English dictionary