A temporary employee, typically an office worker who finds employment through an agency.
- After failing to land a job as a journalist, and brief stints as an office temp and clerk typist, Bass was demoralized and returned to North Carolina.
- Agency temps have the lowest rates of all employment categories.
- So we hired a temp from this agency that supposedly specializes in temps who respect diversity and can handle working in places like ours.
verb[no object] Back to top
Work as a temporary employee.
- The main increase in temp work has been in fixed-term contracts, which form about half of all temporary employment and agency temping.
- Mr Cassidy, who is currently temping, said: ‘Rewarding hard work is the best way to inspire determination and commitment.’
- I spent the next six years doing more temping.
Words that rhyme with temphemp, kemp
- Dehydration, high body temperatures (some report temps over 106 degrees!), and increased heart rate are all common negative effects.
- This reduced the CPU temp to almost room temperature.
- Your geranium will do best if the day time temps are around 65 degrees with night temperature around 55.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan