(also Temperate Zone)
- Each of the two belts of latitude between the torrid zone and the northern and southern frigid zones.More example sentences
- Almost all of the earth's landmass is inhabited, although the temperate zones of the northern hemisphere are where you will find the largest concentration of people.
- Britain lies within a temperate zone and the hallmark of temperate zones is a relatively small fluctuation in temperature between the seasons with rain that generally falls all year round.
- Additionally, the three parks have a considerable north-south extent that ranges across several temperature regimes from the southern part of the temperate zone extending into the tropical.
More definitions of temperate zoneDefinition of temperate zone in:
- The British & World English dictionary