- The cardinal should leave temporal affairs to the government.
- He was the temporal and spiritual ruler of the Muslim world.
- Temporal and spiritual authority converge in him.
- This issue explores some of the temporal and political dimensions of art.
- Ancient DNA provides a temporal dimension to the study of genetic variation.
- These spectres exist in different temporal dimensions.
- English has plenty of adjectives for modifying the temporal properties of nouns, including ‘former’, ‘recent’, and ‘forthcoming’.
- The meaning of the tense morphemes alone does not completely determine the temporal interpretation of a sentence.
- These meanings typically have to do with temporalor logical relations between the events described in the clauses.
Middle English: from Old French temporel or Latin temporalis, from tempus, tempor- 'time'.
Words that rhyme with temporalspatio-temporal
- The middle cerebral artery supplies much of the frontal, temporal, and parietal lobes of the brain.
- Commonly used sites for catheterization include the temporal veins.
- A temporal artery biopsy is suggested.
Late Middle English: from late Latin temporalis, from tempora 'the temples' (see temple2).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.