Appealing to or attracting someone, even if wrong or inadvisable: a tempting financial offer [with infinitive]: it is often tempting to bring about change rapidly
More example sentences
- I expected to be offered a tempting plate of delicious morsels.
- These must have been tempting offers, but he turned them down.
- A tempting offer is on for avid book collectors.
- Example sentences
- Big rural properties with room for two or three families are still temptingly cheap.
- Some of the sweets are temptingly stored in small glass jars, just large enough to squeeze a hand into.
- The possibilities of a different future are temptingly real.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.