Definition of tenant in English:
1A person who occupies land or property rented from a landlord.
- Almost a tenth of all houses are occupied by tenants renting from private landlords.
- You can sell your property, or find tenants to rent it.
- The oversupply of rental property has resulted in landlords cutting rents to attract tenants.
verb[with object] (usually be tenanted) Back to top
- ( formal )Example sentences
- The landlord is simply going to re-market the property as it is, but on the basis that it will be put into good and tenantable repair.
- The only room regarded as tenantable by gentlemen, was, in fact, the coal-cellar in disguise.
- The structure and the exterior of the building are kept in good and tenantable condition.
- Example sentences
- An investment property may be tenantless for two and three months some years.
- For several months the building stood tenantless.
- This tiny dwelling, intended for a shepherd, was tenantless.