- 1 [treated as singular or plural] The tenants of an estate.More example sentences
- The onerous task of distributing seed potatoes to the tenantry has just been completed.
- Most of the tenantry chose to pay the rent rather than face being served with ejectment writs.
- The duke's wealth was squeezed from rents and extracted from a starving tenantry.
- 2Tenancy.More example sentences
- The book is really about land tenure and tenantry.
More definitions of tenantryDefinition of tenantry in:
- The British & World English dictionary