noun (plural same)
A European freshwater fish of the minnow family, popular with anglers and widely introduced elsewhere, including several US states.
- Tinca tinca, family Cyprinidae
More example sentences
- This lake is mainly carp, with rudd, roach, eels and tench as back-up fish.
- Across the way on Acorn Lakes, carp, skimmers, tench and crucians can be found.
- The club has a lake stocked with fish such as perch, roach, tench, rudd, carp and pike.
Definition of tench in:
- The British & World English dictionary