Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of tender-minded in English:
Easily affected emotionally by other people’s distress or by criticism: the tender-minded neurotic swallows the whole theory (as plural noun the tender-minded) he wrote tolerantly of administrative massacres, no doubt to irritate the tender-minded
More example sentences
- Soft revolutionists are close to the tender-minded position of the rationalist.
- All of this may give a certain amount of comfort to those who are tender-minded.
- Your recent comment was uncharacteristically tender-minded.
- tender-mindedness noun
- Example sentences
- Democrats do not have a monopoly on tender-mindedness in education.
- There seemed to be no tender-mindedness in Anderson's thinking.
- Components of the agreeable personality include trust, straightforwardness, altruism, compliance, modesty, and tender-mindedness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.