- A continual or recurrent inclination to evacuate the bowels, caused by disorder of the rectum or other illness.More example sentences
- We did not observe unwanted side effects, such as tenesmus.
- Patients may have nausea, vomiting, dizziness, tenesmus and low-grade fever.
- Symptoms typically include rectal discomfort, tenesmus, and constipation.
early 16th century: via medieval Latin from Greek teinesmos 'straining', from teinein 'stretch, strain'.
More definitions of tenesmusDefinition of tenesmus in:
- The British & World English dictionary