noun[usually as modifier] chiefly North American
- An employment structure whereby the holder of a post, typically an academic one, is guaranteed consideration for eventual tenure: a tenure-track positionMore example sentences
- The process of granting tenure begins when a professor is hired into a tenure track position.
- The party's main recommendation was the establishment of a tenure track career pathway for outstanding trainee academics.
- She noted tenure track faculty go through a ‘rigorous’ probationary period during which they must demonstrate their skills in not only teaching, but also in research and service.
More definitions of tenure trackDefinition of tenure track in:
- The British & World English dictionary