(also teepee or tipi)
- A portable conical tent made of skins, cloth, or canvas on a frame of poles, used by American Indians of the Plains and Great Lakes regions.More example sentences
- To put the canvas on the tipi poles, the cover is laid out on the ground, the lifting pole is laid over the cover's middle and the cover is tied to the pole.
- At the Lodgepole Gallery and Tipi Village, flanked by two brightly painted Blackfeet tepees and Spanish mustang horses, we lie in our tepee, smelling prairie sage on the ever-present breeze.
- Plains Indians, in contrast, erected tentlike tepees, constructed out of poles wrapped with buffalo skins.
mid 18th century: from Sioux tīpī 'dwelling'.
More definitions of tepeeDefinition of tepee in:
- The British & World English dictionary