adjective & noun (plural tercentenaries)
- another term for tricentennial.More example sentences
- The focal point of the tercentenary celebrations will take place in Germany - the battalion's current base - next Saturday, when it will receive new colours from the present Duke of Wellington.
- Gilbert was more celebrated in his tercentenary year than he will be today.
- In 1916 he was knighted on the stage of Drury Lane at the conclusion of a special, tercentenary performance of Julius Caesar.
More definitions of tercentenaryDefinition of tercentenary in:
- The British & World English dictionary