- A crystalline organic acid used in making polyester resins and other polymers.
More example sentences
- The para-isomer of phthalic acid; chemical formula: C6H4(COOH)2
- Polyesters were first produced in England in 1941 by condensing ethylene glycol with terephthalic acid.
- John R. Whinfield and J. Dickson continued Carother's research and made a polyester with terephthalic acid in 1941.
- Chen still plans to take back a leading role any time, including at Tuntex Petrochemicals Inc, which is a major manufacturer of purified terephthalic acid that has started to turn profitable.
More definitions of terephthalic acidDefinition of terephthalic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary