- 1A Japanese dish consisting of fish or meat marinated in soy sauce and grilled.More example sentences
- There are just under a dozen items to choose from at lunch, from chicken or beef teriyaki or udon, to shrimp tempura and sushi and sashimi selections.
- We ordered warm sake, tempura prawns and two teriyaki dishes, chicken and beef.
- Sushi, chicken teriyaki, Thai food, Tandori, even privately owned taquerias all do well here in some way or form.
- 1.1 (also teriyaki sauce) A mixture of soy sauce, sake, ginger, and other flavorings, used in Japanese cooking as a marinade or glaze.More example sentences
- Drizzle some spicy mayonnaise over the tuna, drizzle some teriyaki sauce around the dish, and garnish with shisho leaves.
- The glaze is called teriyaki sauce and may be bought in a commercially prepared form or made at home.
- After the vegetables and chicken were cooked, I added some teriyaki sauce and a little bit of honey-garlic sauce, just for taste.
Japanese, from teri 'gloss, luster' + yaki 'to fry, broil, sear'.
More definitions of teriyakiDefinition of teriyaki in:
- The British & World English dictionary