- A moraine deposited at the point of furthest advance of a glacier or ice sheet.More example sentences
- Long Island is actually the terminal moraine resulting from this glacier.
- At favoured sites (such as Loch Muick in Scotland), the submerged terminal moraines from the last phase of glacial retreat can be recognized.
- Ages of glacier advances can be estimated by dating plant remains in lateral and terminal moraines, or by determining the age of trees or lichens growing on the moraines.
More definitions of terminal moraineDefinition of terminal moraine in:
- The British & World English dictionary