- 1The earliest possible date for something.More example sentences
- We can establish a terminus a quo, the earliest possible date at which the book could have been finalized.
- In fact, the chapter's conclusion only states a terminus a quo with any conviction, while his earlier confidence regarding a terminus ante quem seems to disappear unexplainably.
- If the terminus a quo does not lie within the decade A.D.70-80, it cannot well be pushed back earlier than A.D.95.
- 1.1A starting point or initial impulse.More example sentences
- We are at the beginning of this school year - the terminus a quo.
- The terminus a quo of the whole period is the issuing of a decree ‘to restore and to build Jerusalem.’
Latin, literally 'end from which'.
More definitions of terminus a quoDefinition of terminus a quo in:
- The British & World English dictionary