- 1The point at which something ends or finishes.More example sentences
- Hence the terminus ad quem can by no possibility be referred to a date later than the last decade but two of the second century.
- Instead they have, in effect, imposed their own terminus ad quem, being the date of the raising of the present action.
- The text provides no date by which the terminus ad quem (a final limiting point in time) can be fixed.
Latin, literally 'end to which'.
More definitions of terminus ad quemDefinition of terminus ad quem in:
- The British & World English dictionary