- The earliest possible date for something.More example sentences
- This yielded a terminus post quem for the deposition of other sherds belonging to that vessel.
- The above mentioned cases do cast a shadow of doubt about having a terminus post quem of 1617 for marked panels.
- Snow also offers a rough date for the letter, using internal evidence to suggest a terminus post quem of 1599.
Latin, literally 'end after which'.
More definitions of terminus post quemDefinition of terminus post quem in:
- The British & World English dictionary