Definition of ternary in English:
1Composed of three parts.
- Although the model ternary compositions we study are too simple to completely represent a biological membrane, we often find irascibility transitions close to physiological temperatures.
- These ternary plots suggest that the three suspect samples (plotted red, yellow and green) are in fact from the same source, and unique, when compared with many samples from other sources (plotted blue)
- However, phase diagrams of binary or ternary mixtures are much simpler and often provide information that permits their use as simple models for understanding the behavior of much more complex mixtures.
1.1 Mathematics Using three as a base.
- In 1950, Claude E. Shannon published an account of symmetrical signed-digit systems, including ternary and other bases.
- Here I want to offer three cheers for base 3, the ternary system.
- Along with ternary arithmetic, a computer built of base - 3 hardware can also exploit ternary logic.
late Middle English: from Latin ternarius, from terni 'three at once'.
Definition of ternary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan