- (Especially in science fiction) transform (a planet) so as to resemble the earth, especially so that it can support human life.More example sentences
- In this edition of How Stuff Will Work, you will find out why Mars is the ideal candidate for colonization, and how we plan to terraform the red planet for human habitation.
- The combination of nano-technology and artificial intelligence towards the startling application of terraforming an alien planet might have been imagined before, but never like this.
- You're talking about terraforming an entire planet!
- More example sentences
- Maybe the terraformers could fix it, but this planet had no resources to make it worth terraforming.
- The terraformers are busy making this massive glass dome to house plants, so we can make our own oxygen.
- In the future a crew of terraformers becomes infected by the monstrous bacteria that survived and thrived there from the rover.
1940s: from Latin terra 'earth' + the verb form.
More definitions of terraformDefinition of terraform in:
- The British & World English dictionary