(also terry cloth)
noun (plural terries)
- A fabric with raised uncut loops of thread covering both surfaces, used especially for towels.More example sentences
- Wash and wipe down surfaces with a clean, terry cloth towel.
- Using a fabric button kit from the craft or fabric store, cover a large button with fabric to coordinate with your sandals - blue terry cloth and red-and-white gingham in this case.
- The scrub person drapes the infant warmer with sterile terry cloth towels and ensures that there are two bulb syringes and cord clamps in the warmer.
late 18th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of terryDefinition of terry in:
- The British & World English dictionary