- An arrangement of triplets, especially in iambs, that rhyme aba bcb cdc, etc., as in Dante’s Divine Comedy.More example sentences
- In the fifth assignment we finally stared metre directly in the face: the assignment was to write a sonnet, terza rima or ottava rima, in iambic pentametre.
- Merwin opts not to follow the terza rima strictly, or rather he rhymes so freely that he chooses not to speak of it.
- Dante's terza rima is frustratingly hard to get right in English, and many translators have nearly gone mad trying to get it right.
Italian, literally 'third rhyme'.
More definitions of terza rimaDefinition of terza rima in:
- The British & World English dictionary