- The SI unit of magnetic flux density.More example sentences
- A magnet with 1.0 tesla field strength would have a stronger magnetic field and be more forceful than a magnet with a 0.5 tesla magnetic field.
- While most MRI systems in use today are powered 1.5-tesla or 3.0-telsa magnets, this new high resolution MRI system has a 9.4-tesla magnet, built by GE Healthcare.
- Such a current would produce a magnetic field of up to 15 tesla in these wires - powerful enough to use in several futuristic spacecraft propulsion systems, which is why the Army has awarded Adams’ team a grant to develop the technology.
1960s: named after N. Tesla (see Tesla, Nikola).
More definitions of teslaDefinition of tesla in:
- The British & World English dictionary