- A piece of equipment used for testing new machinery, especially aircraft engines.More example sentences
- It has its engines mounted above the wings, but for the moment it is intended primarily as a test bed for the jet engines and will not be offered for sale.
- Since the plane was a test bed, the engine configuration was changed to a tractor position and Bellande found the performance equally as good as the pusher configuration.
- In 1940, the prototype was sold to Pratt & Whitney for operation as an engine test bed.
More definitions of test bedDefinition of test bed in:
- The British & World English dictionary