- (Of an organic compound) having four fused rings of atoms in its molecule.More example sentences
- Cucurbitacins are oxygenated tetracyclic triterpenes that have been shown to have emetic, antineoplastic, and cytotoxic effects on herbivores, resulting in feeding and oviposition deterrence and reduced growth of consumers.
- A 1998 study showed that pentacyclic alkaloids weakly activated human B- and T-lymphocytes, and that tetracyclic oxindole alkaloids reduced the activity of pentacyclic oxindoles.
- Mirtazapine is a tetracyclic antidepressant unrelated to tricyclic antidepressants and SSRIs.
More definitions of tetracyclicDefinition of tetracyclic in:
- The British & World English dictionary