Definition of tetramerous in English:
adjectiveBotany & Zoology
1Having parts arranged in groups of four.
- The genus is characterized by tetramerous flowers with bithecal anthers, lack of pseudostaminodia, a capitate or poorly defined stigma, and pollen of the Amaranthus type.
- The stele is divided into three parts, the tetramerous proxistele closest to the theca tapering through the mesistele to the dimerous dististele furthest from the theca.
- The species are distinguished from most other tetramerous beetles, by the thickened hinder thighs, by which they are enabled to leap to a considerable height into the air.
1.1Consisting of four joints or parts.
- They usually have umbrella-shaped bodies and tetramerous (four-part) symmetry.
Definition of tetramerous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.