- Any of a group of monosaccharide sugars whose molecules contain four carbon atoms.More example sentences
- Depending on number of carbons, monosaccharides are called trioses, tetroses, pentoses, and hexoses etc.
- Chemically synthesized tetrose was produced by the Department of Organic Chemistry in Beijing Medical University.
- Pentoses and tetroses are synthesized from 5-and 4-carbon backbone moieties formed by removing carbon from the 6-carbon arene moiety.
More definitions of tetroseDefinition of tetrose in:
- The British & World English dictionary