- Of or relating to a text or texts: textual analysisMore example sentences
- Still, one needs to be able to identify in some way with the text, and the textual entity that is its author.
- Header text and other textual elements should appear the same throughout the site as well.
- White is careful not to allow performance studies to overwhelm textual approaches to Renaissance drama.
- More example sentences
- A textually corrupt quarto of Pericles appeared in 1609 and was reprinted five times; the play was omitted from the first folio of 1623, but was included in the second issue of the third Folio of 1664.
- Mullen's idea of this kind of hybrid poetry is that there are different registers of language, cultures - high and low - spliced and interlaced together textually.
- Given the play in question, and the period, a corollary statement might be that Smith's project was the most textually complex Shakespeare edition imagined up to that point.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin textualis, from Latin textus (see text).
More definitions of textualDefinition of textual in:
- The British & World English dictionary