- The process of attempting to ascertain the original wording of a text.More example sentences
- While we can be thankful that the current tenets of textual criticism have produced a text which in most instances reflects the autographs, we should strive for more.
- In the previous review, we gave a link to JPH's study of New Testament textual criticism, where the substantial reliability of the NT texts is demonstrated.
- Under the heading of inner texture Wachob engages primarily the disciplines of textual criticism and rhetorical criticism.
More definitions of textual criticismDefinition of textual criticism in:
- The British & World English dictionary