- A type of protein obtained from soybeans and made to resemble minced meat.More example sentences
- I totally agree with Kaayla T. Daniel's assessment of highly processed, chemically derived, modern soy products such as isolates, concentrates, textured vegetable protein, soy supplements, protein shakes, and the like.
- According to the press release, ‘PCRM recommends that school lunch programs replace beef with soy, textured vegetable protein, and beans in menu items to assure that children in our schools have safe, healthy and tasty menu choices.’
- TVP, or textured vegetable protein, is widely available in many prepared foods.
More definitions of textured vegetable proteinDefinition of textured vegetable protein in:
- The British & World English dictionary