- A polite expression used when acknowledging a gift, service, or compliment, or accepting or refusing an offer: thank you for your letter no thank you, I don’t believe I willMore example sentences
- Thank you for your time.
- If you've made it this far, thank you for being here.
- Thank you, but no, thank you.
nounBack to top
- An instance or means of expressing thanks: Lucy planned a party as a thank you to the nurses [as modifier]: thank-you lettersMore example sentences
- We could have also included an invitation or a thank-you note if we had chosen to.
- Esther meets her after she writes her a thank-you letter for the scholarship.
- You've packed away the dress, eaten the cake and written your thank-you letters - now married life starts for real.
More definitions of thank youDefinition of thank you in:
- The British & World English dictionary