Entry from British & World English dictionary
Going frequently to the theatre: the theatre-going public
More example sentences
- It is a measure of the theatre-going public's apathy that we sat quietly in our seats and didn't storm the stage and make everyone walk the plank.
- The Oliviers, judged by stage experts and members of the theatre-going public, will be televised by BBC2 tonight at 8.30 pm.
- Our first responsibility, obviously, is to the theatre-going public.
- Example sentences
- I still recommend it unreservedly to all inquisitive theatregoers.
- She is phenomenally talented and really must not be missed by any serious theatregoer.
- I would imagine that the great majority of theatregoers haven't read Proust.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: theatre-going
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.