Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of theatre-going in English:
Going frequently to the theatre: the theatre-going public
More example sentences
- It is a measure of the theatre-going public's apathy that we sat quietly in our seats and didn't storm the stage and make everyone walk the plank.
- The Oliviers, judged by stage experts and members of the theatre-going public, will be televised by BBC2 tonight at 8.30 pm.
- Our first responsibility, obviously, is to the theatre-going public.
- Example sentences
- I still recommend it unreservedly to all inquisitive theatregoers.
- She is phenomenally talented and really must not be missed by any serious theatregoer.
- I would imagine that the great majority of theatregoers haven't read Proust.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.