Definition of theobromine in English:
A bitter, volatile compound obtained from cacao seeds. It is an alkaloid resembling caffeine in its physiological effects.
- Chemical formula: C7H8N4O2
- Caffeine and theobromine are two naturally occurring alkaloids that are present in plants used to brew beverages in many cultures.
- Alkaloids have been described as components of plant defence responses and the two main alkaloids found in cocoa are caffeine and theobromine.
- Cocoa contains theobromine, an alkaloid that penetrates the skin to the subcutaneous fat layer and may help stimulate the release of stored fat.
Definition of theobromine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan