noun (plural therapies)
- 1Treatment intended to relieve or heal a disorder: a course of antibiotic therapy cancer therapiesMore example sentences
- These medical therapies are aimed at reducing the viral load and hence induce early remission.
- Genomics is promoting a tremendous interest in novel therapies of which gene therapies will be only a minority.
- Many health and fitness salons provide hair salons, beauty treatments and massage therapies.
- 1.1The treatment of mental or psychological disorders by psychological means: he is currently in therapy [as modifier]: therapy sessionsMore example sentences
- You know it was bad enough in therapy having to relive my childhood but this is so much worse.
- Relate offers both a diploma and a Masters in couples therapy, as well as a diploma in psychosexual therapy.
- The evidence concerns a kind of psychological therapy known as debriefing.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin therapia, from Greek therapeia 'healing', from therapeuein 'minister to, treat medically'.