- The technique of using the heat given off by an object to produce an image of it or locate it.More example sentences
- An alarm is sounded and closed-circuit TV cameras equipped with thermal imaging locate and track the potential threat and send information and pictures to the authorities.
- It uses infrared thermal imaging to project an image onto the satellite navigation screen showing people, animals or crashed cars up to 300 yards away.
- Tests have shown that a sensitive thermal imaging technique which spots heat coming off the face can detect liars.
More definitions of thermal imagingDefinition of thermal imaging in:
- The British & World English dictionary