- The breakdown of molecules by the action of heat.More example sentences
- In conditions similar to those encountered in burning domestic waste, thermolysis of Teflon produces halogenated organic acids, which act as greenhouse gases and may promote global warming.
- Most improvements in thermoregulatory ability might be expected to depend on mass-related changes in thermolysis and thermogenesis.
- Pyrolysis, also sometimes referred to as thermolysis, is defined as the thermal degradation of a substance in the absence or with a limited supply of oxygen.
- More example sentences
- The two basic methods of electrolysis are galvanic and thermolytic.
- A German company offers a new design of the process and the equipment that makes a thermolytic plant especially suitable for local waste disposal and energy production.
- The results yield information about the structure of coal, as well as the kinetics and mechanism of supercritical thermolytic reactions.
More definitions of thermolysisDefinition of thermolysis in:
- The British & World English dictionary